ATTENTION FLORIDA PUBOWNERS: If you wish to sell your existing pub, send query to firstname.lastname@example.org
On subject line put ” Sell Florida Brit pub.”
RE PUBS IN FLORIDA. Phone each pub direct for directions and to ask if they show English football, rugby or cricket. We are not mind-readers, so pubowners email us updates otherwise this list is as current as it can be, since British pubs in Florida change/close often. Irish Pubs: We only list some Irish pubs, because unlike British pubs, there are hundreds in Florida, authentic Irish-run and the fake American wannabe-Irish. We maintain the only complete database on every British pub in Florida since 1991. The pile of pub files in the British Bureau office marked CLOSED is now 3 feet high, since we started keeping records in 1991. It takes far more than a British accent to run a successful pub! The ones that folded have often been run by Brits with little business acumen or background, just the romantic notion of owning a pub. Another frequent reason for closure is British pub-owners selling the place on to Americans with well-meaning intentions but not qualified to maintain it as a truly British pub. Once it ceases being authentic, which can be done even in Florida, the British customers go elsewhere as do the many Americans seeking a pub like the ones they’ve enjoyed in England. BUSINESS MARKETING NOTE: Keeping your pub AUTHENTICALLY BRITISH is the key to keeping the doors open in Florida. —-PK
LIST OF FLORIDA PUBS BELOW. NOTE TO BRITISH PUBOWNERS : Email any updates/openings/closings to email@example.com Must sign email with your name and daytime phone for verification. On subject line put: Pubs page update.
- BOCA RATON Lion and Eagle  447-7707. British owner Rob Allen
- BOCA RATON English Tap and Beer Garden  544-8000 not really a pub so phone to ask before you go.
- BOCA RATON Boca Muse Irish Pub  367-1133 Irish owner Dean Darmody. Shows English football.
- BOCA RATON: The Wishing Well Irish Pub (561) 750-5208. Many British customers and shows UK football/rugby.
- BOCA RATON The Dubliner Irish Pub  620-2540 a modern pub serving super pubgrub and authetic Irish.
- BRANDON Fox and Hounds Pub  438-8913 British owner Tracey Adelhouser
- BOCA RATON The Irishman Pub  368-1129 Popular with local Brits.
- CAPTIVA ISLAND [west Florida] The Mucky Duck English style pub  472-3434
- CARROLLWOOD [west Florida] Tilted Kilt Pub  265-4900 shows English Premier League matches. American-owned franchise
with Scottish theme. .
- CLEARWATER Tilted Kilt Pub  724-6177 shows English Premier League matches. American-owned franchise with Scottish theme..
- CLEARWATER Clancy’s Pub–NOT a British pub but shows all the English premier league so Brits gather there to watch it. American owner Linda Clancy.
- CLEARWATER Grindhouse Bar and Grill  726-5577 British owner Michelle Gibbons. Not a British pub but British-American menu.
- CLERMONT The British Stage Door Pub (863) 424-8056 British owners Alan, Linda and Jason Scott. CLOSED DOWN June 2016.
- CLERMONT Devenneys Pub  432-3925 English and Irish owners.
- COCOA The Dog and Bone British Pub  636-2828 British owner Simon Wells
- DAVENPORT The Shamrock Pub and Grill  424-4242 Full of Brits & Irish with good pubgrub menu. English owner Mark Pearson. Shows rugby and English football.
- DAVIE [west Ft.Lauderdale] Chocolate Moose Cafe. This is British-owned music cafe/piano bar/live jazz bar NOT a pub. Serves wine/beer/coffees/teas. Tel.  651-4086. English owner Caroline Ammundsen.
- DEBARY O’Leary’s Irish Pub  668-7741, great for premier league soccer matches with always a few English and Irish lads in there at weekends to watch.
- DELRAY Beach Blue Anchor Pub English owner Lee Harrison. Tel. (561) 272-7272
- DUNEDIN The Cricketer’s Pub (727) 736-1322
- FT. LAUDERDALE Fox And Hounds English owner Guy Hutcheson (954) 491-8869 Shows World Cup matches woth lots of Engand fans] and English Premier League season.
- FT. LAUDERDALE [west in Davie] SEABREEZE BAR and GRILL  206-2900 Not a pub per se shows all the English Premier League soccer and has a British owner Neil Walter. Pop in and see for yourself.
- FT. LAUDERDALE [Dania Beach] Bad Boys of England  922-5722 [was called King’s Head pub until 2013] Closed down April 2016, after 22 years–sad. Was a personal favourite of mine with GREAT home-coked British pubgrub.
- FT. LAUDERDALE Maguire’s Hill Irish Pub  764-4453 Long-established, authentic and popular with local Brits
- FT. LAUDERDALE Briny Riverfront Irish Pub  376-4742 Irish owner Mike Brennan
- FT. LAUDERDALE [west] in Sunrise King’s Head Pub  572-5933
- FT. LAUDERDALE WAXY O’CONNORS Irish Pub.  525-9299 huge expats [Brits/Irish/Aussies] gathering place, shows English football + international Rugby.
- FT. LAUDERDALE [west of 95] The Field  964-5979 is a fabulous Irish pub beloved by local Brits, especially me–PK .
- ORLANDO The George and Dragon Pub Tel.  351-3578
- ORLANDO [Lake Buena Vista] Frankie O’Farrell’s Irish pub  238-1003 with Irish owner shows the English Premier League and has British customers.
- ORLANDO World of Beers  355-3315 Popular hangout with local Brits because they have beers from the UK.
- PALM BEACH [NORTH] Spider Murphys Irish pub with Irish owners. Serves English pubgrub.  842-0835
- PALM BEACH [Wellington] Bull McCabe’s Irish pub  557-1190. Destination pub popular with local British and Irish expats. Authentic home-made pub grub and live entertainment.
- PEMBROKE PINES The Pub Pembroke  430-4230 [British-theme pub, part of an American-owned chain ]. England fans gather there to watch World Cup and shows English Premier League season.
- PENSACOLA McGuire’s, award-winning Irish pub  433-6789
- POMPANO BEACH King’s Head Pub  222-8671 This opened January 2015 with same owner as the King’s Head in Sunrise
- PORT ST. LUCIE Shindig Irish Pub  785-6202 Authentic with delicious home-cooked Irish dishes.
- PUNTA GORDA The Icehouse Pub  575-0866 American name and owner but British staff/customers and shows UK soccer and rugby.
- PUNTA GORDA Celtic Ray Pub  916-9115 British owner Kevin Doyle.
- ST. AUGUSTINE King’s Head Pub  823-9787. British owner Anne Dyke
- ST. AUGUSTINE Prince of Wales Pub  810-5725.
- ST. AUGUSTINE The British Pub  810-5111 English owner David Renwick
- ST. PETERSBURG Horse and Jockey Pub  345-4995
- ST. PETERSBURG Queen’s Head Eurobar Pub  498-8584 British co-owners Darren Conner and Paul Smith.
- ST. PETERSBURG Moon under the Water  896-1631. British owners Alan /Suzanne Lucas.
- ST.PETERSBURG Three Birds Tavern  895-2049
- SARASOTA FL 34242 Old Salty Dog Pub One British manager Simon Clarke  349-0158
- SARASOTA FL 34236 Old Salty Dog Pub Two  388-4311
- SARASOTA Shakespeare’s Pub  364-5938
- SARASOTA Champions Pub British owner Tony Middlemiss  927-7686
- SARASOTA [Lakewood Ranches] A Scottish restaurant with bar called Macallisters. British owners Malcom and Karen Ronney. Tel.  359-2424
- SARASOTA The White Horse Pub  358-1353 British owner Fay. Voted Number One pub in Sarasota.
- SEMINOLE London Bus Pub  873-3882
- TAMPA Mad Dogs and Englishman. English owners Wilton and Hugo Morley  832-3037
- TAMPA New Scotland Yard Tee Leeson  249-4920
- TAMPA The Dog’s Bollocks  764-4509. Has British beers and great British decor but phone pub to see if they serve food.
- TAMPA Yeoman’s Cask and Lion British Pub  224-9367. Some British pubgrub and shows the English Premier League.
- TITUSVILLE The Shamrock and Thistle Pub  567-4911 Brit owners Debbie and Andy Palmer
- VENICE The British Open Pub  492-9227 Scottish owner Graham Muncie
► BRITISH BANGERS…the nearest thing to UK sausages you’ll find in Florida. Utterly delicious and supplied to many British and Irish pubs around Florida, they are home made by Murvest Foods in Ft.Lauderdale, owned by John Murphy [Irish] and wife Sylvia [Australian]. You can buy them yourself to enjoy at home–from their premises in Ft. Lauderdale. Delight your dinner party guests with classic Bangers and Mash and onion gravy. You have to buy a case but they go fast, freeze well and I give some as presents to British friends. Go in person to pick them up from Murvest’s Ft.Lauderdale premises. Call Murvest  772-6440 for prices and pickup times. Make sure to ask for the British Bangers [they do other types of sausages, pates, Irish bacon and yummy foods too]. Tell them Patricia sent you.–PK
ALSO: Are you a Scotch lover? Join the Scotch Whisky Society of South Florida: Local events, tastings and current information about the real golden liquid from Scotland over here! Call the Society office in Ft. Lauderdale  749-2440 for details and to be put their email list.
►►► ARE YOU OVER 35? DID YOU PAY INTO A UK COMPANY/PRIVATE PENSION?
Do you know whether and how you can access your lump sum and bring it over to the USA? For a FREE review of your UK pension contact Mark Solomons in Florida with Florin Pensions direct on  793-1311 email firstname.lastname@example.org On Subject line put: “To Mark Solomons—UK pension query”. Include your name + city + phone + a sentence about the type of company/private pension you paid into. NOTE: The UK’s decision to leave the EU has resulted in Gilt yields reaching all time historic lows, pushing up the transfer values of UK defined benefit pensions schemes. That means your unfrozen pension is worth MORE since July 2016. Mark is a longtime member of the Florida Association of British Business [FABB]. As FABB’s UK pensions expert he has unfrozen many pensions for USA expats over the years.
► DON’T BE BATTERED BY BREXIT! DO YOU NEED TO TRANSFER CURRENCY OVER FROM THE UK? OR SEND TO UK FROM FLORIDA? BENEFIT FROM BREXIT! TRANSFER UK CURRENCY SAFELY TO/FROM the UK. At lower rates than any bank . For property/business transactions/pension funds transfer or other purposes. Or transfer to/from any other country worldwide. FABB you help you save considerable exchange fees via our partner Moneycorp. WE RECOMMEND MONEYCORP of the UK with an office in Orlando, Florida. Moneycorp is the only UK currency exchange company licenced to deal in 50 states. Many expat Brits here have used this currency service for years and report huge savings and satisfaction. Phone Moneycorp’s Kelly Cutchin direct on her cell  207-6616 to ask all your questions. She is based at their HQ in Orlando. Or email your query to Kelly Cutchin email@example.com for details. Moneycorp has a UK office too so she may set up your account in the UK—whichever suits you.