List of Indian Restaurants below by city.
SPECIAL DEAL: Royal India (954) 964-0071 3801 Griffin Road, Ft. Lauderdale FL 33312
20% OFF COUPON from www.britishflorida.com .
Valid for eat-in dinner after 5p.m. only
Just show this page on your Smartphone
to the server at the restaurant to get 20% off.
BRITISH PEOPLE ABSOLUTELY LOVE INDIAN FOOD. It has become our national dish. More Indian food is consumed in the UK than any other restaurant or take-out food. FACT: there are more Indian restaurants in London than in Bombay and Delhi combined. Our love of this spicy cuisine dates back to when India was a British colony and we discovered their delicious, flavourful food. Indians, Pakistanis, Bangladeshis and Brits are extremely friendly, allies in world affairs and the huge Indian-Pakistani community which settled in England after 1950 is established and successful. In Florida’s Indian restaurants you will ALWAYS find tables of British diners. As one famous British writer said: ” I can go without sex longer than Indian food.” IT’S OFFICIAL–CURRY HELPS YOUR BRAIN. The medical community issued a report in 2004 that cumin, the main ingredient in curry, helps prevent Alzheimers. The incidence of Alzheimers in India is extremely low. Apparently cumin prevents the inflammation of certain brain cells prone to the disease. So Brits, doctors are recommending we eat more curry. As if we needed an excuse.
LIST OF INDIAN RESTAURANTS in FLORIDA —MIAMI AREA
- Bombay Darbar  444-7272 Coconut Grove
- Kebab Indian Restaurant  940-6309 North Miami
- Saffron Indian Cuisine  791-7755 South Miami FL 33156 [NOTE: This was formerly called Imlee]
- Raja’s Indian Cuisine  539-9551 downtown Miami, daytimes only, small cafe place but good food.
- House of India  444-2348 Coral Gables
- Guru Indian Restaurant  534-3996 South Beach Washington & Collins
- Zaika Indian Restaurant in North Miami. Opened March 2015 .  409-5187
- Rio’s Bistro [Indian owner who offers separate Indian menu  895-8689 North Miami
- Copper Chimney in Sunny Isles 974-0075
- Mint Leaf Indian brasserie in Coral Gables  443-3739
- Bengal Indian Restaurant downtown Miami  403-1976 Lost its lease Feb. 2016 to a developer but reopening at a new location. See website for update: www.bengalindiancuisine.com
- Chitra’s Indian Cuisine in downtown Miami  789-2842
- Taste Buds of India in South Miami  216-7904
- Ayesha at Key Biscayne  244-5080
- Saffron in Pinecrest  732-4480
- Taste Buds of India in Miami Beach  773-2033
Ft. Lauderdale/Broward area
- Royal India (954) 964-0071 3801 Griffin Road, Ft. Lauderdale FL 33312
USE THIS 20% OFF COUPON from www.britishflorida.com
Valid for eat-in dinner after 5p.m. only
Just show this to the server at the restaurant.
- Indian Harbor  200-4891 in east Ft. Lauderdale
- Madras Cafe  977-5434 Pompano Beach
- Fifth Element Indian Grill [Pompano Beach]  977-4335
- Rajpot Mehfil Restaurant (954) 742-3370 Sunrise
- Palace Restaurant  370-4750 Davie
- RUCHI Indian restaurant in Pembroke Pines  505-7455
- The Himalayan Indian Restaurant  433-7705 Pembroke Pines
- Miami Tandoor Restaurant  538-0409 Pembroke Pines
- Woodlands Indian Cuisine  749-3221 Lauderhill
- India South Cuisine  322-8353
- Taj Indian Restaurant  427-0427 Deerfield Beach
- Tandoori Wok  741-0800 in Sunrise
- Indian Chillies  392-0999 in Pembroke Pines
- Indian Chillies in Lauderhill  741-8388
- Udipi Indian Cafe in Sunrise  748-5660
- Everest Indian Restaurant in Coconut Creek  935-1500
- India Garden Restaurant [Coral Springs]  752-2226
- Indian Harbor Ft. Lauderdale  200-4891
- Chandni Indian and Chinese Food  741-0800 in Sunrise.
- Bombay Grill [Lauderhill]  200-3856
- Sitara Indian grocery shop  517-0020 in Pembroke Pines
- North Indian Cuisine [Coral Springs]  227-9244
- Bombay Cafe in Ft. Lauderdale  568-0600
- Chutney and Pickle Indian Restaurant in Coral Springs  344-3544
- Taste Buds of India in Coral Springs  603-2033
PALM BEACH COUNTY
- —- Saffron Indian Restaurant  616-8585 West Palm Beach
- —-India Palace  478-5606 West Palm Beach
- —-Bombay Cafe in Boca Raton  750-5299
- —-Punjab Indian Restaurant in Boca Raton  392-8000
- —-Curries and More Restaurant in Boca  392-2999
- —-Saffron [Jupiter]  747-8888
- —-Khyber Indian Restaurant  582-2566
OTHERS in FLORIDA. NOT a complete list–there are too many Indian restaurants around Florida to track.
- BRANDON The Silver Spoon Indian-Pakistani restaurant  681-3626
- HOLIDAY [south of Port Richey] Spice of India  815-0831
- ORLANDO [Altamonte Springs] KohiNoor Indian Restaurant  788-6004
- ORLANDO Ahmed Indian Restaurant  856-8272
- ORLANDO Tabla Grill and Bar [Indian Restaurant]  248-9400
- ORLANDO [Longwood] Gateway to India Restaurant  339-9996
- ORLANDO Dakshin Indian Restaurant  827-9080
- SARASOTA Gateway to India  364-4777
- TAMPA Kadai Indian Restaurant  631-8439
INDIAN-US CHAMBER of COMMERCE in Miami area. Make Indian contacts.
www.indousasfl.com. Office is in Aventura. Email to President Madhu Mehta email@example.com
- PAST INDIAN DINNER FUNCTIONS: Hosted by Patricia Kawaja of the British Bureau, for the British community in South Florida: 1] Sat. August 16, 2008 THE SIXTH BRILLIANT BRITS DINNER for 80 people Presented by the British Bureau...A Roomful of Brits is Never Dull . GUEST OF HONOUR: Her Majesty’s British Consul-General for Florida Keith Allan and Mrs. Allan. LOCATION: The Taste of Bombay Indian Restaurant, in downtown Miami. 2] NOVEMBER 1993 British Night at The Royal India Restaurant in Ft. Lauderdale, attended by the British Consul and 75 invited British guests. We booked the restaurant’s main dining room for our group. 3] October 1997 British Night at the India House in Ft. Lauderdale–they closed the entire restaurant. 100 Brits attended with VIP guests Sir Freddie and Lady Laker and Derek Hayward British reporter at WSVN Channel 7.
► + WANT TO SAVE WHEN TRANSFERRING over UK CURRENCY? DON’T USE YOUR BANK! Use Moneycorp. The pound is plummeting. That affects all expats in Florida who still have UK dealings. To transfer your precious funds, we highly recommend you use the services of Moneycorp. This will save you fees and grief, as we Londoners say! What your own bank won’t do is save considerable exchange fees. NOW is an advantageous time for you to transfer any funds you have. THE BEST WAY: Moneycorp. At lower rates than any bank . FABB [Florida Association of British Business] recommends MONEYCORP of the UK with an office in Florida. Moneycorp is the only UK currency exchange company licenced to deal in 50 states. Many expat Brits here have used this currency service for years and report huge savings and satisfaction. TO FIND OUT MORE: Phone Moneycorp’s Kelly Cutchin on  207-6616 at their HQ in Orlando to ask all your questions. Or email your query to Kelly Cutchin firstname.lastname@example.org for details. Moneycorp has a UK office too so Kelly may set up your account in the UK—whichever suits you. Moneycorp have been trusted FABB members since 2005.
►►► ARE YOU OVER 35? DID YOU PAY INTO A UK COMPANY/PRIVATE PENSION?
Do you know whether and how you can access your lump sum and bring it over to the USA? For a FREE review of your UK pension contact Mark Solomons in Florida with Florin Pensions direct on  793-1311 email email@example.com On Subject line put: “To Mark Solomons—UK pension query”. Include your name + city + phone + a sentence about the type of company/private pension you paid into. NOTE: The UK’s decision to leave the EU has resulted in Gilt yields reaching all time historic lows, pushing up the transfer values of UK defined benefit pensions schemes. That means your unfrozen pension is worth MORE since July 2016. Mark is a longtime member of the Florida Association of British Business [FABB]. As FABB’s UK pensions expert he has unfrozen many pensions for USA expats over the years.